Wednesday, September 30, 2015

T.Mark - 3 1/2



T.Mark- you are not quite 3 1/2 years old, but I wanted to do an update for both you and Amos, because it has been a while, and I like to record these things for posterity's sake! 

I know I may be slightly biased, but you are the kindest, sweetest, smartest, most inquisitive little boy I've ever met in my life. 

I see some of my own traits in you at times, both good and bad! You like to know what to expect. I feel ya on that one buddy! You like for me to tell you at the beginning of each day what the plan is for that day. If we deviate from it, you are flexible, but you don't let me forget what the plan was! "Mama I thought you said we were gonna ..."

Your favorite activity right now is playing in our lovely little front yard dirt patch. Ha!   This dirt is here because it was being used to level out a little dip in the yard, with the plan of putting more sod on top--but you love it so much that I think I'm going to leave it a dirt patch for now! How on earth could I prefer a perfect yard when this simple little thing gives you such joy. 




You love your preschool, and your teacher Mrs. Megan. You are excited to go each day and you love showing me the different crafts that you make and letters you are learning about. Your teachers tell me often how smart and sweet you are. 

One of the most precious things you do just about every day is, you sit down next to me and say, "So. Mama. Tell me about your day." And then-this is the really sweet part-you listen, attentively. You take whatever I say in and then ask questions, or ask to see pictures of whatever I did that day.  What a thoughtful, other-centered little boy you are! I hope you keep this trait and practice it with your own family one day in the future! 

You are an adventurous eater, and will try anything. The only things you don't like are sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Anything else and you're good to go! Your favorite foods are grilled chicken and kale chips that I make in the oven. Yay for green veggies! You love "coffee milk" in the mornings--a practice your Gran and Pop started with you when you were just two and I had no idea. Ha! (Coffee milk is milk with a little splash of coffee and a spoonful of sugar). 

The spiritual aspect of your little heart is growing. You ask me questions about God often. We try to talk about Him regularly throughout the day so you will know He is here even if you can't see Him. We pray together most days before school and every night before bed. You love to say the blessing before meals. You also love Sunday School and preschool choir on Wednesday nights. 

You really enjoy going to the deercamp with your daddy. A love of the outdoors is being instilled in you at an early age! 



You love cars, trucks, trains, planes--basically anything with wheels. You love to learn how things work, and you love to build something with Legos or blocks and then tell me all about it. 


T.Mark, I love you so very much! You are a blessing in my life! Some of my very favorite things about each day of our life are your hugs, words, and kisses. 

-Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment