Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Amos

My baby boy turned one on Monday. I cannot believe it. I know that is what all Moms say but I really can't. He is just the sweetest little guy you ever met. 

My friend Joy snapped this pic of us before his party that night: 


When I get home from work he wants me to hold him for at least 30 minutes or so nonstop--so I have gotten used to doing many daily tasks one-handed! I had a lot more to do yesterday though since what was originally going to be a family-only birthday supper turned into a neighborhood party of about 40 people, only a couple hours beforehand! I thought about the miracle of the loaves and fishes and said a quick prayer that my two casseroles would feed everyone! 

A pic of Amos and his little friend Lucy. They are in Mother's Morning Out together. Neither was too pumped about having a picture taken: 


Sweet Mawmaw and T.Mark with the "big brother" present she brought him. Mawmaw is pretty much the most thoughtful great grandmother ever:


Lizzie, Joy and my boys. The most awesome nannies (and friends!) I could dream of. We love you Lizzie and Joy! I don't know what I'd do without yall! 


Mimi, Doc, and Amos:


This was near the end of the party. My simple little prayer was answered! 


Amos and his Gran:


T.Mark and aunt Angie:


I have to give my sister a shout out. The night before the party I had gone to get all the ingredients I would need to make the main dish, and I called her to get the recipe. (I had remembered the ingredients but not the specifics of how to make it). She said, "Put your kids to bed, then bring me the ingredients and I'm making it for you." I protested but she would not take no for an answer. She knew I was tired and was working a full day the next day. The thing is that this type of thing is just run of the mill for her--she helps others constantly. It's just the kind of person she is. 

Family bday cake pic! Amos had a big time: 

Yummmm:

Poor baby wore himself out: 

 Happy birthday, my sweet Amos. In case you ever read this one day, I want you to know that I am so thankful for you! You are a blessing in my life and a good gift from the Lord. You are a joy and a delight. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment