Thursday, January 29, 2015

Some Days

   Some workdays are just not fun. They start out fine. But then somewhere in the course of the waking hours things start to run pell-mell and the day starts slipping through your fingers and then by the end of it you are grasping at sand and your baby falls asleep in the back seat after you pick him up because of no nap.  And tiredness after the swimming lessons that someone else got to take him to. You carry him inside, take off his shoes, kiss him and whisper prayers in his ear as you tuck his half limp, sleepy little body into bed. And worry that he will be hungry in the night because he was so tired that he went to sleep without supper. 

  I have so, so, SO much to be thankful for. But some days I just have to be sad for a few minutes. I love my job. It could not be better. I love my patients. I love the people I work with. But days that I have so little time with my babies are hard.

   Just being real. Hope that's ok with yall. 

    Tomorrow will be a better day. Im thankful that His mercies are new every morning.  

1 comment: