Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Little Update

  So a couple days ago a large portion of the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum, or the "Ag Museum" burned down. I was in tears. I have many treasured memories there. Most recently, I took T.Mark on his first school field trip there. We went on a hayride, visited a pumpkin patch, and explored the barn full of animals. My favorite of which, I must say, is the peacock. Always has been. Thankfully, no one was injured in the fire, and all the animals escaped unharmed. This also calmed sweet T.Mark's little heart. He was particularly concerned about the pigs! 

  I so hope that the ag museum buildings can be rebuilt and that this wonderful Mississippi resource will continue to be used well into the future. 
  
   I want to do a couple of posts on what my sweet boys are up to at their particular stage in life. This one will be for Amos. T.Mark will be next! 

    Amos, you will be three months old this week! I can't believe it. I have been back at work for a week and a half and I have been missing those sweet smiles so very much. You are not stingy with them! You are such a happy, easygoing baby. You love to lay on my thighs facing me after you've nursed and have a little chat with mama! You "talk" up a storm--cooing and smiling and laughing. You have been enjoying being with Gran while I am at work. You take 6 oz bottles of milk while I am away, which everyone says is a lot for a breastfed baby. Hungry boy! You are wearing 6 month clothing already. You still wake every 2-3 hours in the night to eat, but I don't mind. You drift right back off to sleep when your tummy is full. You have now "graduated" to size 2 diapers.

  You stayed in the nursery for the first time on a Wednesday night (you've been several Sundays already) last week. When I came down to get you, you were asleep in one of the swings. I gently woke you up, so I could change your diaper before we headed home. When your eyes finally focused well and you realized it was me, you smiled so big and for so long that I thought your little face might break. It absolutely melted me. 

You are still sleeping right next to me but have moved from the bassinet to a pack n play, because you are so big! You are trying to roll over but haven't made it quite yet. You've discovered your little hands and your fingers. What wonderful built-in toys! 

   Your favorite things are: watching your brother play or eat, and, well...me. Ha! 

   Mama and Daddy love you so much Amos, and can't wait to continue watching you grow! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment