Monday, July 28, 2014

37 Weeks

37 Weeks


Yes that is a pretty ugly bruise on my arm. I've got about ten more on my legs and hips to match. No I was not in some type of accident, nor did I decide to play a random game of paintball. I am just that clumsy. I run into something, hard, at least once a day now. I am clumsy normally but pregnancy increases it by about tenfold. 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 weeks. Upon seeing me yesterday my brother in law announced that I had reached the "comical stage". Gee thanks, love you too ;). However, I have to agree with him. I wake up every morning now and think "Bummer! Nothing happened last night!" I keep hoping I will go into labor a little early. But if I had to guess, I bet I will go past my due date. Bonus pregnancy days, as a friend of mine calls them! 

Size of baby: A watermelon! Oh my. Not gonna lie-that is slightly intimidating! He is around 6.8 lbs and 21 inches long. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: not sure, but from the leaden feel of my legs these days it must be at least a half ton. 

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes. Although the dress I wore for my "sprinkle" yesterday was not. I will post pics from the party soon. My friends Mary Martin and Kim, and my sweet sister were so kind to have it for me! 

Gender: a sweet baby BOY! Amos Jackson Sledge

Movement: he gets going at night. This baby also has the hiccups way more than T.Mark did. It's a cool sensation. 

Sleep: a little better this week!

What I miss: bending over easily 

Cravings: ice, ice, and more ice. I ate so much of it last night that I couldn't get my teeth to stop chattering. 

Symptoms: lots of Braxton Hicks contractions this week! Also sciatic nerve issues-my legs went randomly numb yesterday for a minute or two. 

Best moment this week: hearing a sweet friend's encouraging words about labor and delivery. I know I will need to close my eyes several times when I'm in the middle of it and remember them.

Prayer request for baby Amos: for the Lord to protect him during the rest of this pregnancy and his birth. There are so many things that can happen, and it is easy for a semi-anxious person like me to dwell on them. But I know that I have to trust that the Lord is sovereign and that he loves this little boy infinitely more than I ever could!

No comments:

Post a Comment