Monday, July 21, 2014

36 Weeks


So I just realized I am wearing the exact same outfit I was two weeks ago for the belly pic.  Oopsies. When you are somewhat limited by what you fit into (I don't buy a ton of maternity clothes, I try to just make things work that I already have) and then limited a little bit more because of singing on Sunday mornings (I took this pic in the choir room)...you are bound to get some repeat outfits! The plus side of this is that I can compare two weeks ago pretty accurately with this week! I think my sweet boy has grown and maybe dropped down a little bit. 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 36 weeks. I think this past week I reached that truly uncomfortable stage where you begin to think to yourself "It is not physically possible for my body to expand any more. No way." And then it does. 

Size of baby: the size of a large canteloupe! He is around 6.5 lbs and 20 inches long. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I told y'all that I stopped looking! I feel really good though and the doctor says I am on track, so I will gauge it by that and say that all is well! 

Maternity Clothes: Yep. Yayyy for stretchy pants. 

Gender: a sweet baby BOY! Amos Jackson Sledge

Movement: still a busy bee in there but he is obviously running out of room. The movement is more rolls and strong pushes than jabs and kicks. He is strong though! I think he gave me an internal bruise the other day, if that's possible!6

Sleep: pretty rough. I have woken up around 3 and stayed awake til 6 or so for the last several nights. Preparation for those newborn days I guess! 

What I miss: being able to sing at full capacity! I just don't have the breath support I normally do. 

Cravings: nothing too specific or intense this week. I have wanted sweets but that may have nothing to do with pregnancy!

Symptoms: shortness of breath, and a few Braxton Hicks contractions this weekend 

Best moment this week: Saturday morning T.Mark climbed in the bed with us to "snuggle wif Mama" as he calls it. He started touching my belly and talking to his little brother and when I told him that Amos would be here to play with him soon, he started poking and pushing my belly really hard and asking "Wanna open it?!?" Ha!! I told him he'll have to be patient and wait a little longer. Cracked me up. 

Prayer request for baby Amos: that he will get himself into the best position to be born. I have decided to wait to go into labor instead of having the scheduled section, so that is a concern! Thank you in advance for the prayers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment