Wednesday, June 18, 2014

31 Weeks

31 Weeks

Warning: 

Prepare yourself for possibly the most redneck belly photo you've ever seen.




There is somewhat of an explanation for how redneck this looks. I was cleaning out my closet (quite a feat, I'm afraid) and I found these old cowboy boots. I had not worn them in a while and so stuck them on just for fun. Then I decided I had not taken a belly pic in a while, but was too tired and pregnant to bend alllll the way down there to take the boots off. Ha! So I just went with it. 

You're welcome. 

Pregnancy Highlights:



How Far Along: just over 31 weeks. I can't believe we're already at this point. I kind of feel like I'm in the home stretch. Which is exciting but a little bittersweet! I want to meet this sweet boy but am loving having him safe in my belly right now! 

Size of baby: A dear family friend recently did a 4-D ultrasound for us so we got some good measurements on sweet Amos. He is right at 4 lbs and is measuring in the 98th percentile for leg length. Tall boy. 



I absolutely love that round little nose. Can't wait to kiss it! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I stopped looking. My doctor said I am on track though. 

Maternity Clothes: Yep. Flowy is going to be the name of the game to get through this hot Mississippi summer. My staff is loving me being pregnant, because it's the only time we all agree on the thermostat at the office! Usually I am super cold natured, but with this tiny internal furnace, I am hot much more often. 

Gender: a sweet baby BOY! Amos Jackson Sledge

Movement: he has gotten into a fairly regular routine now of wakefulness and napping. Except when I have a long procedure at the office and the drill wakes him up!

Sleep: not the best. Occasional intense leg/foot cramps and it is tough to roll over now. But that's ok. I decided when I was pregnant with T.Mark that the less-than-stellar sleep is the Lord's way of preparing you for those sleepless newborn nights. 

What I miss: being able to have good posture when I'm working. Now I have to hunch over or my belly is against my patient's head. 

Cravings: Popsicles, frozen fruit, crunchy ice. 

Symptoms: Leg and foot cramps, vivid dreams, some sciatic nerve pain.

Best moment this week: kayaking with Emily! I got to go visit her in Annapolis this past weekend. She created a whole itinerary for our "BFF Babymoon". She suggested kayaking and rock climbing as a joke, but I told her I was all for the kayaking! We had the best time. 




Prayer request for baby Amos: This time I will include big brother too. I would just ask that you pray for a strong positive relationship and friendship between the two brothers, with the Lord using each to sharpen the other. Also pray that the transition to having a new baby in the house will go smoothly for T.Mark.

This week is a little crazy at our house. We spent the evening hours yesterday and today (after church) clearing out all rooms with carpet, because our carpet is about to be replaced. I can tell you one conclusion I came to--I have entirely too much stuff. I also overdid it a little unloading our bookshelves. I have got to do better at foregoing the heavy lifting. 

Hope you are having a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment