Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Homemade Granola

  I decided to make my first attempt at homemade granola, at 9 PM tonight. Probably not the best timing, but I was feeling a rare burst of energy (rare these days due to a certain tiny growing boy named Amos--and a bigger growing one named T.Mark!) so I had to go with it.


  I used a cookbook that has become my very favorite since I bought it a year or so ago, called The Mom 100. It is thoughtfully written and arranged, and the writer-Katie Workman is her name, I think--has a really entertaining, humorous writing style. I rarely sit down to read a cookbook, but when I do, for some culinary inspiration, this is my favorite one to pull out. 

   This recipe called for a good bit of honey, and I was excited to use some that was a gift from my sweet and beloved family friend, Dr. Laney, who passed away last year. He always remembered to bring me honey from the bees he raised. I am trying to think of something cool I can do with this jar or label when the honey's gone. If you have any suggestions, let me know! 

And here is the finished product!

 It smelled absolutely amazing coming out of the oven. I'm looking forward to eating this for breakfast and as a snack over the next week or two! 

  Here is a quick picture of my cute lunch date today: 

 I asked him when I picked him up from Mother's Morning Out if he wanted to go eat lunch with mama. He said "Ok!! Gonna make a mess!"  I love that kid. Gotta appreciate his honesty!  

No comments:

Post a Comment