Friday, April 18, 2014

23 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 23 weeks 
Size of baby: He weighs around 1.2 lbs and is around 8 inches long. What to Expect When You're Expecting says he's the size of a papaya!  Here is a pic for you, since that's not necessarily a common fruit 'round these parts.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: around 15 lbs. Yikes! 
Maternity Clothes: oh yes. I have fully embraced the maternity pants. Somebody remind me again why we can't wear these all the time?
Gender: a sweet baby BOY! Amos Jackson Sledge
Movement: I can definitely tell when he is sleeping and when he is on the go! There are usually 3-4 periods of time a day when he gets moving. One early morning, one mid-morning, one mid-afternoon and one late at night. I'm just starting to be able to distinguish what's what when he kicks. I'm pretty sure I felt an elbow jab last night!
Sleep: has been ok lately. I just can't turn over without grunting and groaning like some kind of large animal.
What I miss: nothing I can think of at the moment
Cravings: sno cones and Popsicles! I had a coconut and sour cherry sno cone this week. YUM. 
Symptoms: lightheadedness. Also had one pretty terrible headache this week but no others so far thankfully.
Best moment this week: honestly I can't think of anything specific. The last week or two has been pretty tiring, just due to life in general. I feel very pregnant but am loving it! 
Prayer request for baby Amos: I saw this on another blog and thought it was a wonderful idea! Don't know why I haven't done it before now. If you are reading this, please pray that even now the Lord will be preparing this tiny boy to make a big impact for the Kingdom one day. That he will faithfully live the greatest commandment--to love the Lord his God with all his heart, soul, and mind. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh snow cones!!! I am coming home in June and I am dreaming about Mississippi snow cones!

    ReplyDelete