Thursday, January 9, 2014

Unexpected Gift

 I just wanted to take a moment to brag on my dearest and oldest friend. Right before Christmas I recieved a package from her in the mail. After I opened the outer part, I pulled out the gift--and from looking at the box, it appeared to be a keyboard. I thought it was a little random but was thankful for her thoughtfulness nonetheless! Then I opened the package and pulled this out: 


My sweet friend had read the blog post I wrote a while back about the missionaries I had the privilege of hearing.  She was struck by these words that the young missionary shared, and by what I wrote. So she painted this little canvas for me so I could keep it somewhere where I'd see it regularly. Encouraging me to put the rubber to the road, basically.

This my friends, is why she is my BFF. It does not matter if we live a few or thousands of miles apart--I can count on her, and she on me. We have not lived in the same city for over 10 years now, and we are still going strong. I truly thank the Lord for technology--Skype and FaceTime are a huge blessing to our friendship! 


  That last one we call the "prom pose." Em, I spared you some truly horrendous pictures from the junior high years. Ok, let's be honest, it's only because my awkward phase was considerably worse than your awkward phase. If I posted them, we'd be going down together.

   We love you, Auntie Em!!!

  In other news, the Year of the Crock Pot is off to a running start. Tuesday night was Apple BBQ Pork Tenderloin--and it was slap yo' mama good, if I do say so myself. Tonight was Pineapple Chicken Enchiladas--also quite tasty. Not slap yo' mama--but perhaps a distant cousin or other relative who comes around only every third Thanksgiving or so. 


Yumminess.

This weekend I am getting together with a sweet friend for a fun Saturday of cooking and closet shopping. She needs to borrow some winter clothes from me for an upcoming trip to NYC, and so we decided to make a day of it. The boys will go and do...well I don't know what they'll do yet!...while the girls are home on a casserole making marathon! We are going to make and freeze ahead a bunch of casseroles to make our lives a little easier over the next couple of months. I would never do this by myself, but with company I know it will be really fun! (We may begin to rethink it when we are elbow deep in chopped onions, but for now, we shall forge ahead!)
 
Pretty sky tonight. I hope you are having a great week, and that you are looking forward to some fun plans for the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment