Monday, January 6, 2014

Routine, Lottie Moon, and the Weekend

   This weekend was the weekend of the movie/chick flick for me. Taylor's birthday was Friday, and his only wish was to go to the hunting camp for the weekend! So during T.Mark's naptime and after bedtime over the course of the weekend I successfully curled up on the couch with some hot tea, under about 3 blankets, and watched When Harry Met Sally, Notting Hill, The Proposal, and Casablanca. I watched them on Apple TV, so as they buffered I even got a little reading in. If I'm going to be by myself, I'd say this was a blissful way to spend the time! 

Thursday night, I guess technically before the weekend started, we went to Tico's with the Thames and had a great time. I did get one pic that night. 

As you can see, we both have boxes of leftovers. I never let a bite of steak from that place go to waste!

Saturday T.Mark and I got the ingredients to make Taylor a red velvet birthday cake. The grocery run was the most exciting part of our day if you want to know the truth! The rest was a hodgepodge of riding tractors, motorcycles, and trucks, as well as playing in a sea of giant Legos. Every little boy's dream. This one's, anyway! It has been too cold to go outside, so I've tried to make the inside activities fun. 





 The pics above are from lunch on Sunday with our sweet friends, the Avens. T.Mark and Ro are big buds, as you can see. I'm hoping that over the years they will do more to help each other stay OUT of trouble than to get in it!  We shall see. We ate at Two Sisters, an awesome restaurant right around the corner from the church house. If you live in Jackson and have never been--hit it up immediately! Definitely the best home cookin' in town. Primos is a close second, but Two Sisters wins the prize. 

  We found out yesterday morning in church the grand total of the Lottie Moon offering at our church. (If you are reading this and not familiar with Lottie Moon, she was a Southern Baptist missionary to China in the late 1800s/early1900s. She has come to somewhat personify missions for our denomination, and is an inspirational figure for me personally). Our church goal was $450,000, and the total amount given was a record for us--$562,000. I just about jumped up out of my seat when I heard that. It is so amazing to know that an additional 3.5 missionaries will go out to preach the gospel because of those additional gifts. Statistically, it is likely that 15 additional churches will be started. I am so excited to be a part of something like that, even if I am not there physically. 

   This week will be simply getting back into a routine for us. T.Mark's mother's morning out program resumes from their Christmas Break, and my work picks back up a normal schedule. The only unusual thing is how extremely cold it is here. The wind chill this morning was 4. FOUR!!! You have got to be kidding me. My ideal temperature is between 80 and 90, I'd say, so I am not made for this to say the least. 

    I hope you enjoy getting back into a routine this week too, and that you stay warm!! 

   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment