Sunday, December 22, 2013

Whirlwind NYC Trip: Part 1

 Our New York trip was short and sweet, but we had a great time! It seems there is never enough time to do all the things I'd like to in New York, but we managed to hit several highlights. We have another trip here planned for the spring, so we will just have to save some things for then!

 One of my favorite little bakeries, Le Pain Quotidien, was just a couple doors down from our hotel, so we ate breakfast there on Friday morning. This bakery is a chain but does not feel like one! I think there are three locations in NYC and a few overseas.

I had the oatmeal with maple syrup. Yum.

Pretty Christmas decorations:

I did just a little shopping-not much! 

Don't worry, nothing too expensive in there--just some pretty red lipstick! I am not usually a name brand kind of girl but I do love me some Chanel lipstick. Plus I just like going in the store if I happen to be nearby--it makes me feel very feminine and girly! 
If you have never eaten a cupcake from this place, you need to do so as quickly as possible:
If a trip to the city isn't in the cards right now, Magnolia has a great cookbook that apparently gives away all their best secrets! So you can have all that yumminess in your own kitchen. 

I ran in Dylan's Candy Bar just for fun. I just love going in there! It makes me feel like, well, a kid in a candy store. 

I just realized I am seeing a bit of a pattern here...bakeries, cupcakes, and candy, oh my! Sounds like I need to take a step away from the sweets! ;)

Central Park:

I will recap the rest of our trip in another post. Right now I'm going to go take care of a sweet little man who is feeling under the weather with a bad sinus infection. We are staying home from church this morning in hopes that he will get well quickly. I hate missing church but I am so thankful for technology! So here's my gratitude list for today: live streaming so we can still be with our church family in worship this morning. Safe travels home. Conversations with cherished friends. A sweet little hand on my cheek last night, because someone needed his mama a little more than usual. 

 I am so looking forward to celebrating Christmas. I hope you are too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment