Friday, December 13, 2013

Ready for the Weekend

     This weekend is Carols by Candlelight, the Christmas program at my church. Months of preparation have gone into it, and lots and lots of prayer! I am so excited to be spending the weekend with these girlies:


 And these too:

Decorations have been going up for the last few weeks. Let's just say I got more than a few scratches on my arms from the branches of the beautiful trees in this pic! 

And these pinecones. 

  This was my first year to hang from the scaffolding as we put up the trees. It was certainly an experience! There are many sweet ladies (and a few good men!) who have been doing it for many years. My hat is off to them! 

   It has been a cold few days here. I've enjoyed indulging in lots of hot chocolate and trying to stay warm. My house is finally decorated...just about, anyway! I try every year to do it all in one fell swoop, right after Thanksgiving, but it never quite works out that way! I eek it out a little at a time. I will try to post some pics later on.

    Yesterday was my sweet mom's birthday. I am so thankful for her! She and I have very different personalities, but I think we are at a point where we really appreciate those differences. I don't know what I'd do without her. Love you, Mom! 

  And one more of my sweet boy. Looks like he is going to be a music lover like his mama and daddy! I hope so .

No comments:

Post a Comment