Saturday, December 28, 2013

Low-Key Weekend

  It has been a pretty calm weekend so far for us. As many girls down south will understand, I have been a hunting widow this weekend. The weather has been cold and the deer are moving, so Taylor has been in the woods a good bit, and T.Mark and I have been having some quality mama/son time. He is a precious child, and I love our time together--even when he drives me crazy! His newest thing is that he never wants me to sit down. If I sit, he shoves his fingers under the edge of my bottom and says "Out! Out! Gill up!" (ie, get up!) Good heavens. He is a ball of energy! 

Last night Mom and Dad kept him for me for a little while so I could go by my friend Wade's parents' house. She and her husband Alston were in town for Christmas. They have been living in Asheville for the last year or so, so I do not get to see her sweet face near as much as I'd like! 

Me, Wade, and CG: 

  I am so excited because these girls plus several others--a group of our college friends--are getting together for a reunion in a few weeks! We've made it a priority each year since we graduated to do that, and it is such a wonderful time. I look forward to it so much. I think most girls, myself included, really need that kind of girl time on a regular basis! We usually stay in pjs too long, stay up too late, laugh too loud, eat too many sweets, and just enjoy those in-depth, soul-nourishing conversations until the wee hours of the morning. It is wonderful, and a great way to start off the New Year. I can't wait! 

Just as a little aside--my house is no longer my own. It has been overtaken by riding toys. And blocks. And Legos. My living room will never be the same.


Daddy surprised us by coming home a little early today! So we are looking forward to watching movies and hanging out tonight, then worship with our church family in the morning and a leisurely Sunday afternoon with family. Taylor's mom, Lisa, had a partial knee replacement yesterday, so I'm sure we will be spending some time checking on Gran!


 I am thankful for low-key weekends like this one, especially during such a busy season. I am thankful for Christmas. I am thankful for the meaning of Immanuel--God with us--that He reaches down and establishes meaningful communication with us through His presence. I feel like that has been a theme in my brain these last few weeks. I am thankful for the New Year and what it will bring. Looking forward to 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment