Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Fun and a Birthday

We decided to spend New Year's Eve in our home away from home. Friday after work we headed up to Oxford for a fun weekend with friends. Reed and Maris got into town shortly after us, and we headed out to dinner at Boure.
I love the way Oxford looks at Christmastime!
The next morning we took our time getting up, and just enjoyed a lazy Saturday morning. We went to lunch at Proud Larry's--yum--and sat out on the patio to enjoy the pretty day.  
   Then it was walking around the square for a while and doing a little shopping.  There were some really great after Christmas sales going on! Since my belly is outgrowing my clothes these days, it was time for a little wardrobe update.  I try not to shop too often, but it was becoming inevitable! I was really excited about my purchases-I got a few shirts, none of which are maternity, so I will be able to wear them after the baby comes.  Thankfully the style right now is loose, flowy tunics! 

     We went in Square Books for a while and met the guys-they had been hanging out on the balcony while Maris and I shopped.
I love going up on that balcony-brings back lots of fun memories from college.  One in particular-our senior year, when Taylor was a class favorite and dressed up absolutely crazy to ride in one of the homecoming floats.  My parents and I stood up on this balcony to have a good view as they passed by.  I love this guy-he is such a nut, and makes me laugh every day!
  That night we met up with another couple friend-Lori and David, or Minto, as we call him.  Minto was a KA with Taylor, then went to dental school with me.  He is now in his oral surgery residency at LSU, while Lori is in med school in Jackson.  They are a smart duo for sure!
  Taylor had made reservations for the special chef's menu at City Grocery that night....and y'all, it was awesome!  The dessert was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth! It was so festive in there...balloons everywhere and fun New Year's hats on the tables, as you can see:


And our whole crew:
  We had such a great weekend, but it was nice to get back home. Yesterday was Taylor's birthday.  He didn't want a big celebration this year--I just made him his favorite meal and we watched a movie together at home.  But I just wanted to brag on him and say-he is the most wonderful husband I ever could have hoped or dreamed for--the Lord has blessed me immeasurably more than I could have imagined! Taylor, I am so thankful for you and for the way you lead our family! You are an amazing husband and I know you are going to be an amazing daddy! I'm so excited about this new adventure with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment