Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm Back!

So I am still a little off-kilter from my new schedule, but I think I am finally getting settled in. I am loving work and so thankful for my sweet patients!

Two weekends ago I took off for the beach with a fun group of girls for my friend Lauren's bachelorette party. We had a GREAT time! It was a quick trip and a long way down there, but SO worth it.

As you can see, Lauren was thoroughly decked out for the festivities!

Here is a pic of my friends Amy, Lauren, and Jocelyn. We have all been friends for a very long time! We grew up together in the youth group at church and all went to high school together. I am singing in Lauren's wedding this month-the same day we return home from our Israel trip! Sounds kinda crazy, but I have faith everything will work out just fine!

Our other good friend from high school, Chelsea, was so kind to offer up her family's beach house for the weekend:

It was GORGEOUS.

Ahhh relaxation.

This past weekend we headed down to New Orleans for a quick getaway, just Saturday night. Sweet Taylor surprised me with a night at the Ritz and an hour long massage he had pre-booked at a really nice spa! I will go on and admit that I am a very lucky girl!! Monday was the 4th of July, which we spent hanging out over the at the Sledges at lunchtime and with the Rogers out at Lake Caroline for the evening.

The night was spent in large part playing a very intense, heated game of.....dominoes! Who would have thought?? It was really so much fun!

Thanks Kim and B.C. for such a fun night!

This weekend we are headed to Oxford for a wedding, and next weekend we leave for Israel! I know it probably sounds like we are never home....and I guess we really have been gone a lot lately! I think we just really want to take the opportunity at this point in our lives to be spontaneous and go and do! I know that whenever we have children, life will be wonderful, but it will also mean a transition into less spontaneity and more routine. For everything there is a season, right?

I hope you had a happy Independence Day and that you were able to celebrate our country, freedoms, and those who have fought to protect them!

1 comment:

  1. It's me! Chillin on the porch! I had so much fun hanging out with you and everybody and riding with you and Amy was fun too, to catch up!

    ReplyDelete