Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Foray into the Painting World

So I'm making my first attempt at painting, since, oh, JUNIOR high, tonight at Easely Amused! For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it is a local business here in Jackson that offers adult painting classes. The first sentence on their webpage says, "No artistic ability required." (That's me! That's me!). Now I can make somebody's teeth look reeeal pretty and all, but it's a whole other story if you ask me to start slapping paint on a canvas.

My friends Carrie and Lizzie invited me to go, so I'm really excited. We are starting out with something easy--a cross entitled "Rock of Ages."

Now surely y'all I can't mess that up! Of course I'll do different colors than this, something a little more subtle probably. I'll have to show y'all some pics, if I'm not too embarrassed! They have some other classes coming up with some really cute subjects:







I may have to check out one of those classes too!

Well, as Picasso said, "Art washes away the dust of everyday life." So I guess I'm gonna go wash!

1 comment:

  1. I painted that last one- I actually JUST hung it in our sunroom. I think it's so much fun! I hope you'll post pictures. I want to see your cross in more "subtle" tones!

    ReplyDelete