Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ the Lord is Risen Today!

This morning we sang one of my all time favorite praise songs--Revelation Song. My friend Sarah sang the verses and man, she blew it out of the water! It was so moving to see the Lord's gift of her voice in action and moving so many people on this beautiful Easter Sunday. I wish I could somehow post a video of it. I at least want to share the lyrics with you:

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You

Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
to You the only wise King
Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of your name
Jesus your name is power, Breath, and living water
Such a marvelous mystery
Yeah! Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You


Here is a pic of me with two dear friends, Carrie and Lizzie. We took this in the choir room right after church. Love these girls!







And a few family pics. My brother with all his beautiful girls:



And me with all my nieces! I love getting them all in one picture! From left to right: Dorothy, Olivia, Catie, Anna, and Beth. And then that's me in the back of course.



My cousin Dabbs and her new husband Jeffery, and my Aunt Eda and cousin Gray.




And my cute Easter date:




I absolutely love Easter. It is a pure and joyous celebration of everything I believe! My heart was so happy this morning in worship that it just about burst. I am so thankful for the sacrifice the Lord made for us. I don't have children yet, and not that it would compare, but I can't begin to imagine the sacrifice of giving your only Son, not only to die, but to die for people who do not deserve it.



"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he
has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus
Christ from the dead."
1 Peter 1:3



A blessed Easter to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment