Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

So I am a little behind, but I wanted to post a recap of the holiday! It was so nice to relax with family and eat some YUMMY food.

To start, here was my Thanksgiving dessert contribution for Taylor's family--turkey cupcakes!



My sister's foiled attempt at her kids' Christmas card:

Jump!

Then it was off to Negreet, Louisiana for the Carter Family Thanksgiving!
My Uncle Ike and me:


PRECIOUS Jose:





My two great aunts (in more than one sense!), Beth and Maxine:


An old part of my great-grandfather's farm:


Blacky drank the rest of Taylor's sweet tea and crunched all the ice!



Kisses for my cousin Anne:


Cool pic of the barn:


Mom and Dad:


Taylor inspecting an old family heirloom violin. It was my great-great grandfather's:


My cousin Anne and my aunt Jordana:



Negreet, Louisiana is just 30 minutes from Natchitoches, LA, where they have the annual festival of lights at Christmastime! For all you southern girls out there, this is the river and the town where Steel Magnolias was filmed! It is just as charming as it was in the movie.




So thankful for my family this and every season of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment