Monday, December 13, 2010

Carols by Candlelight

This weekend was my church's Christmas program, Carols by Candlelight. I had the privilege of singing O Holy Night with three wonderful girls in a quartet--we had so much fun! Our little segment was modeled after the Celtic Women, if you've seen them on tv--so we got to wear long pretty dresses! (Pictures to come later.) Everybody kept teasing us and asking if it was prom night every night! Took me back to my pageant-ing days. :)
Seriously though--it is simply amazing how worshipful music can be. I am so thankful for a musical outlet in my life and for the ability to sing God's praises and tell other people about Him through music. I remember having a conversation in college one time in a Bible study about what heaven will be like. We talked about how beautiful music can be, with all the various instruments and combinations and harmonies. If this world is but a shadow of the world to come, then it only stands to reason that the harmonies and music we can experience will be doubled or tripled or something even beyond that! Harmonies beyond what my little finite mind can conceive. Exciting, isn't it!
This was the last song of the night--they put it on Youtube after the concert was over because everyone loved it so much. Amazing Grace is one of my favorite hymns--and you know, it's interesting--we don't usually think of it as a Christmas song. But it is!



May the Lord bless you, and may you remember Him in this very special season of the year!

1 comment:

  1. catherine, we saw this on friday and you did a wonderful job! the whole program was simply amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete