Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mistletoe!

So for any of you who are unfamiliar with Mistletoe Marketplace--it is a giant Christmas shopping extravaganza put on by the Jackson Junior League to raise money for various charities around our city. And it is SO FUN! I have gone every year since I can remember--it is really the start of the Christmas season for me! Vendors come from all over the country, seriously from California to New York and everywhere in between. Several of them that I spoke to this go-round said that Mistletoe is the biggest and best of anything like this around the country. It is always held on a Thursday through Friday, usually the first weekend in November. Today is the last day, so if you haven't stopped by yet, it may be too late for this year--but make plans to make the trip next year! The website with all the information is http://www.mistletoemarketplace.com/.

This year Taylor and I were so excited to be able to attend the Preview Gala! Taylor's parents were kind enough to get tickets for the two of us, plus Taylor's brother Travis and his girlfriend Caroline. The gala is held on Wednesday night, and it is SUPER formal. Here is a pic I snapped of us (thanks to the self-timer feature on my camera). I kinda felt like we were back in high school, headed to the prom or something!






It was so much fun!! The Tip Tops played, there was delicious food, a silent auction, and best of all, we got to look at all the stuff the merchants had brought before the masses hit the next day! I got to scope out the goods so I knew right where I was headed when I came back for a girls' shopping trip the next morning with my Mom, sister, and sister-in law. The Thursday shopping trip has been a yearly tradition for Mom, Angie, and me for a while--and now that Neil and April have moved back into town, I'm so glad that April can be a part of it too!
My mom, who is a realtor (if you need one and live in the Jackson area, she does a great job!), just recently sold a house and offered to treat us all to some Mistletoe shopping this year! Woohoo! I tried not to go too crazy--but I got a really adorable hat/ear warmer, a cute necklace, a couple of Christmas ornaments....and my favorite--my early birthday present--a REALLY cute, really nice new bed for the dogs! I know, you may be thinking I am a little crazy to want that for my birthday. I think my sister thought I was. But I'm telling you, this thing is so cute. It is really more like a really nice pillow or small piece of furniture. It's for the living room, not the bedroom or laundry. Here is a pic of them enjoying it in front of the fireplace!



If you like the bed, it's by a company called Lazy Bones Beds. The founders/owners are a couple of girls, originally from Jackson, who now live in Memphis and have started this company! It has really taken off--Paula Deen even has one in her living room! They have three sizes and tons of cute patterns and colors. The beds are stain, odor, and UV resistant. The outer cover can be unzipped, removed, and washed, which is great!

And here's a pic of my cute new hat (ish) and necklace!
Thanks Mom!!

This next week for me is going to be a hardcore study marathon. I take my national boards in nine days. It is a two day test, with the first day lasting about 9 hours, and the second about 4 hours. I am scared and not excited about it, but I am sure ready to get the dang thing over with! I have studied as much as possible, but it has been really hard to do while managing and treating patients at the same time. I guess all I can do is my best, right? If you think about it this week, please say a prayer that it will go well! I am ready to be through so I can move on to concentrating on much more fun things like Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment