Thursday, November 4, 2010

Grovin' Fools

Well it was back to the Grove last weekend for the Sledges for a weekend of fun and football! This time we rented a house just off the square with our friends Kim, BC, and Drew, and it was a BLAST! It was so nice to be able to walk everywhere--to the square, the Grove, the game, you name it. I would love to do it again in the future.

Here's Taylor bustin' a move, as he tends to do when we first get to the Grove. He just can't help himself! Good music, great people, great food....I mean it kinda makes me want to dance too!

My friend Audrey stopped by our tent and chatted for a while. This girl is one of my bff's from college, and I am so thankful for her!


My friend Lauren and me at the game. My parents gave us four tickets to use for the game (thanks Mom and Dad!) and we were so excited that Lauren and William came to sit with us! Made the game (which was a little sad score-wise) a lot more fun!


Ann Elizabeth, Haley, me and WhittyKat, as we prefer to call her. Haley went to Georgia, but she made it over to Ole Miss for games several times while we were in college. Her boyfriend, Chris, went to Auburn, which is who we played last weekend, so they came up to enjoy Oxford and see the game!


This next pic is towards the end of the game. I got tired of standing and watching us get creamed, so I just sat for a while. And here was my view--two cute booties! That's Tay on the left!

Mmmmm.....chicken.

Ok, so to all you Ole Miss fans out there--I would like to make a comment. So listen up Rebels! I was seriously SO ashamed of all of us last weekend. About 3/4 of the way through the game, the game against the NUMBER ONE team in the NATION, mind you--all of our fans were gone. It might has well have been an Auburn stadium. We may not have played the very best, and we may not have won, but we did score thirty-something points on the top ranked team in the country! I was seriously so ashamed of our fans. And y'all, now don't get me wrong. I love the Grove. I love the Grove even more than I love the football--or at least as much. But I think we should get something straight--the Grove would not even exist if it weren't for the game!!! All I'm saying is--I don't believe in being a fair-weather fan. I think you need to stick by your team and cheer them on no matter what. That applies to many other things in life as well. Let's take a lesson from the Saints fans, ok? They may have worn paper bags on their heads and lamented for years and years--but they were still there, cheering on their team. So fins up, Rebels! Let's get our priorities straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment