Friday, October 8, 2010

Kitchen Time!

Welcome to our kitchen!

Here is the breakfast area:
I love my kitchen window!

The stove. I would love to have a gas one someday! I love my "S" over there in the corner--it was a gift from my best friend, Emily.
I sort of have a love/hate relationship with the fruit bowl that's painted as the backsplash. When we first looked at the house, I hated it. Then we bought it, moved in, and painted the walls in the kitchen--and it sort of seemed to go along with the color scheme! So the jury's still out on that one.


The next few pictures are of some of the art (or art-y things) in our kitchen. We are big believers in art and literature, and in being surrounded by them both!
These are Wolfe birds that I have perched on the windowsill--beautiful little pieces of art that are done by a local studio in my town. These were wedding gifts.

These are pictures from our honeymoon! I can't remember if I've ever talked about it on the blog before--we went to South Africa! Half the time we were in beachy Cape Town, and half the time we were on a safari in the African bush. It was amazing. I was pretty much singing "It's the ciiiircle of liiiiife!" from the Lion King in a replaying loop in my head the entire time as we rode around looking for animals. It's a whole 'nother world over there! From left to right: zebra, lions, giraffe, rhino.

Here is a sweet little piece of art that one of my very first patients made for me. She took a picture of some pansies, and then picked a few and dried them, overlaying them onto the photo. I wish I were creative like that! I told this lady that I was moving into a new house, and at her next appointment she brought this for me as a housewarming gift. So thoughtful!!

Really cool pic of a blues musician. We love the blues! Taylor is an excellent harmonica player, and we are both big fans of blues music.

This plate belonged to my grandmother, Mimi. I am so happy to have it in my kitchen as a reminder of her!


Taylor and his family bought this on a trip they took to Argentina. From what I understand, it is a photo of a really cool building in Buenos Aires.


I gave this to Taylor for his birthday a couple of years ago--a lady at a local farmer's market does paintings of pets and houses on reclaimed wood. It's kinda folksy, and I love it!


Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

  1. Love you kitchen, the white cabinets and the green wall color look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have great photos! this is another one of my fav kitchens on here!! the green is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your green walls with the white cabinets...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I am loving your wall color, it goes great with your cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen. It's really beautiful.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE YOUR GREEN!!!!! I am a huge fan of green. I have it in my kitchen as well.

    ReplyDelete