Friday, October 15, 2010

25 Things

Ok, so remember when that 25 things "note" was going around facebook, and everybody took part, even the people who never take part in lists or forwards like that? Well, I randomly rediscovered mine the other day, when I was poring over my facebook, after going to see The Social Network (and yes, there will be a movie review for it coming up soon! In short though--GO SEE IT!). Anyway--as I read back through it, I realized that I really liked my list! So I am posting it here--with a few addendums.

25 Things:

1. I consider Super Bowl Sunday a holiday.

2. I am a little too obsessed with my dog, Teddy. He was my wedding gift from Taylor, and I consider him my practice child. He has several nicknames, including "precious", "little ted", "darlin", and "the weenie".

3. I am both embarrassed by and thankful of the fact that my husband is a wayyy better cook than I am. I'm working on it though! If I can just learn to bake well, we'll be the dream team!

4. I want to live in Nashville and New York. And Jackson. Simultaneously.

5. I am VERY excited about being a dentist. But some days I want to be a singer, or a broadcast journalist, or a personal trainer, or a labor and delivery nurse, or a senator. It's a bummer that I have to choose.

6. My next project, after I graduate from dental school, is learning French and Italian.

7. I am currently reading the Fountainhead. I read Atlas Shrugged several years back and have been meaning to tackle this one for a long time. (I am of course finished with the book now--it was a great read! I'm now currently reading New York Days by Willie Morris--and my board review books).

8. I love to dance, but people usually laugh at me when I do! I've decided to take it as a compliment.

9. I have sung in 14 weddings. (I think this number is up to 20 or so now).

10. About once every 6 months, I have an insatiable desire to play Super Nintendo. Not Playstation, or Xbox, or the Wii. Super Nintendo.

11. I have been to Italy, South Africa, Spain, and Belize. I can't wait to go to Greece, France, Chile, and Thailand. Not to mention anywhere else a plane will take me. (Since writing this I have been to Paris, France! I am so thankful to have had that amazing experience. We've got another big trip on the horizon that I am SUPER excited about--I'll be blogging about that soon!)

12. I love the Lord and I am so grateful for the fellowship of believers with which he has blessed me. My friends are the salt of the earth--as is my husband.

13. Speaking of Taylor--he is incredible. He puts up with my idiosyncracies and quirks and he still loves me! He is a well of patience and forgiveness, he is the sweetest and funniest guy I know, and my life is more joyful because I am married to him!

14. Dance parties are my favorite.

15. I am also slightly obsessed with working out. I love pushing myself to the limit. And I love encouraging others to do their best when it comes to fitness and nutrition.

16. I want to run a marathon one day, but I'm scared that I won't be able to finish.

17. My favorite instrument is the cello. I wish I could play it.

18. If you play Britney's "Womanizer" or Spice Girls' "Wannabe" you will learn #s 8 and 14 firsthand.

19. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies. I realized that this calls into question my status as an American. I need to see them. Movies I think everyone should see: Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, Steel Magnolias.

20. I wish I were smarter and more decisive/direct.

21. I am going to plant a garden this spring! I want to grow peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, and tomatoes! (We did plant the garden, and we ate from it that whole summer! Although our squash and cucumbers cross pollinated to create giant mutant vegetables...but that's another story...)

22. I have a WONDERFUL family. This includes in-laws.

23. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love oatmeal with peanut butter, berries, or almonds.

24. I am so thankful for the things I have--but I have too much! When I got married 8 months ago I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any clothing, shoes, or jewelry for a year (I did accept gifts for bday or Christmas if that's what someone gave me). I'm thinking about extending it to 2 years. It has been wonderful. (We have now been married for two and a half years. I finished out the full year of not purchasing any of the above items. I didn't extend it to 2--honestly, because I love to shop! But it made me very mindful of how and when I do purchase things.)

25. I'm a planner. I love to plan!

Hope this gave you a little insight into who I am!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I have several comments. They correspond with a few of your 25 things, so they have the numbers they go with. Can you tell I'm slightly bored and would rather read blogs than clean my room?
    First, I really liked The Social Network too! I love how I didn't like Mark, but at the same time I did.

    2.I love Ted. Speaking of doggie nicknames, I recently started putting "booboo" in front of all my dogs' names. Booboo Chachi, Booboo Sophie, Booboo Cooper and Booboo Bear. Booboo Bear is my favorite to say. I might should be embarrassed for admitting this on the internet, but I'm not. At all. :)
    5. I want to be a nutritionist, a photojournalist, and a pastry chef.
    8. I might be one of those people that laughs at you when you dance, but I actually really admire your free spirit! ;)
    P.S. I'm still planning on stealing Ted one day.

    ReplyDelete