Saturday, July 17, 2010

Finally the Fourth...and some random thoughts

After a hectic week of seeing patients, I am finally getting around to posting these pics from the 4th of July!
My brother's youngest, Dorothy--how cute is she?! :

the fam (some of it anyway!), plus our friend Triston:


me and Olivia:


Mmmm watermelon! All these pics were taken down at the "beach" at my parents' hunting camp. A bayou runs through part of the land and a real beach, real enough anway, borders it on either side! We've had a lot of fun over the years swimming in the bayou, eating watermelon, getting into mudfights on rainy days..you get the picture.



Cute pic of daddy and daughter:



And one of MY daddy and his daughters:


my bro Neil, his wife April and their two youngest girls watching the fireworks:


Mom with Angie and her kids:

My brother and his family have lived in Atlanta for the last 10 years, and on Tuesday, THIS Tuesday, they are moving back home!!! I still can't believe it's really happening. I haven't lived in the same town with my brother since I was 15 or so. I am just so thankful that they are moving home, and that they'll be very close to Taylor and me, just a short drive away. I'm thankful for the chance to get to know all his girls even better, and to spend as much time with them as I get to spend with my sister's kids. I feel like a new, fun chapter of life is about to start!

Also, randomly--I'm really excited because tomorrow after church, I am going to a recording studio to lay down a few tracks! My dad has always been unbelievably supportive of my interest in and penchant for singing, so he bought some time with the guy who runs the studio a while back so I could record some stuff for fun. I'm even more excited because we are going to go to the studio a couple of times, and next time Taylor (he's out of town deep sea fishing this weekend) and I are going to sing something together! There is a song by Dolly Parton and Ricky van Shelton called "Rockin' Years" that is sort of our song. I am so excited about recording it, simply for posterity's sake. I'm hoping we can fit in a harmonica somewhere because Taylor can really hammer that thing down! I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on the blog before, but he is an incredible harmonica player. Also, I'd love to get my sister's husband, Lee, in on the action with his guitar. I'm going to see what I can do! So far, here is the list of songs I'd like to record:
1) Feels Like Home--written by Randy Newman
2)Light in Your Eyes--Leann Rimes
3)The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down--The Band
4)Fire--Pointer Sisters
5)Rockin' Years--Dolly Parton (this one with Taylor)
6)This is Us--Emmylou Harris and Mark Knopfler (with Taylor)
Thoughts? I hope to get through 3 or 4 of the solo songs tomorrow. I hope they turn out ok! I'm not looking for perfection or anything, but I would like for them to sound decent! Maybe if I get really brave I'll post the audio of one on the blog......but I doubt it! :) Hope you are having a good weekend!


2 comments:

  1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post one! I knew you had a beautiful voice but I didn't (I don't think?) know that Taylor could sing/play the harmonica! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how was the recording session?

    ReplyDelete