Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Hootenanny

Webster's defn: Hootenanny--a gathering in which singers entertain, often with the audience joining in.


How does this look to you in accordance with this definition?





Yeah, that's what I thought.


My dear friends Carolyn Grace and William got hitched last weekend! That is the beautiful bride and not her husband, but mine, makin' a little music to help out the band. I have to say that this may have been the most fun reception I've ever attended (minus yours truly, of course ;) ).


The band was called Class Reunion, and they were GREAT! They don't look like much--a bunch of old white guys up on the stage doesn't exactly inspire thoughts of breakin' it down on the dance flo'....but hey, remember the old adage--don't judge a book by its cover!

Here are the lovely bride and groom...aren't they a handsome couple??



CG looked absolutely stunning in her dress, and I must say, I don't think I've ever seen a bride have as fun a time at her own reception as this girl did! Here are the bride and mother of the bride joining the band on the stage:


Some more pics from the night:

Bustin' a move:

Sweet friends Emily, Haley, Noelle, (me), and Ann Elizabeth:


Chi-O girls:
My BFF:


And a few from earlier in the day:

Getting ready at the church with Kim and Mary Martin:
Isn't he so cute in his tux? ;)

With the sweet bride at her bridesmaids' luncheon:

College roomies!! Emily, me, and Lauren:


It was such a neat experience for Taylor and me to be in a wedding together. I didn't even really realize it until the rehearsal when we were standing up there on the platform, looking down at two of our best friends, who were preparing to make this amazing commitment to one another. It was sweet and touching and so special. CG, I know you won't read this 'til you get home from your honeymoon, but everything was beautiful! We are looking forward to many more years of good times with the new Mr. and Mrs. Fincher!

No comments:

Post a Comment