Sunday, April 4, 2010

Christ the Lord is Risen Today

Happy Easter 2010 to everyone!! Our church service was beautiful this morning--we sang an anthem called Lift Up the Lamb that was really moving, and our preacher gave a sermon that was so hopeful, uplifting, and encouraging that I left feeling renewed and restored and so thankful for the amazing sacrifice Christ made for us!

After church was lunch with my family at my sister's house. Here are some pics of my people:

My sister in law, April, my sister Angie, and me:




All my nieces--they are such beautiful, sweet girls! Anna, Beth, Catie, Dorothy, and Olivia.

My apparently roofdwelling nephew, Kyle.




My oldest nephew, Carter, our resident gymnast.

Bubbles!

Mom and Dad and my sweet goofball husband.


My bro-in-law, Lee, and Carter, performing some manly meat carving.



Me with my cousins Dabbs and Gray.


My bro Neil and his wife, April--aren't they a cute couple?


Taylor and me


Aaaaaannnddd.....drumroll please........the coconut cake I made for Taylor's family for Easter!!! I was so proud of myself. One of my dearest friends, Whitney, is the pastry chef that I've mentioned on the blog a couple of times...she gave me the secret of a good basketweave icing pattern--so I did the best I could!



It turned out pretty yummy! Those are just Starburst Easter jelly beans on top and around the sides. I have really been wanting to try my hand at cake decorating for a while now. But.....what really inspired me was THIS!


Yep, that's right folks. That is THE mixer, on MY counter! Last weekend Taylor and I went out on a dinner date, and afterwards, we decided to ride by Williams Sonoma so I could show him the mixer I'd been saving up for (ie, the one he'd been getting an earful about for several months, poor guy). When we got there, the lady informed us that there was a thirty dollar rebate on the mixer, and that because only the displays were left (which were in perfectly good condition), we could get a 10 percent discount....and I jumped at the chance! That, combined with what I had saved left very little to pay out of pocket. So--we brought 'er home! Woohoo! I'm looking forward to many happy years of baking with you, little mixer!

We ate dinner with Taylor's family, and sadly, because he claimed he was "pictured out", I only have one pic from the evening:

Taylor, his brother Travis, and our friend David Minto:


Next time maybe my powers of persuasion will win out and I can get in a few more of his family....:)


If you think about it--please remember Taylor's grandmother, Evelyn, in your prayers--she goes in for her 2nd knee replacement surgery tomorrow. We are hoping that she has an easy surgery and a quick recovery!

Happy Easter to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment