Thursday, March 25, 2010

Can't Stop Loving You

So here it is....the one item that I have been lusting after for the last 2 years. And now that it has come out in a shiny, new, beautifully enticing, llimited edition candy apple red...I just don't think that I can hold myself back any longer.

Isn't she beautiful?

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't take it so far as to personify the mixer, but I mean come on, it really is beautiful, as far as mixers go. It's the newest edition of the KitchenAid mixer, and it's kind of a throwback to the 50s and 60s in its aesthetics.

We didn't get a stand mixer as a wedding gift, so I will confess, I have been coveting one ever since. I walk into the Williams Sonoma store sometimes when I'm in the area, just to drool over them. I imagine all the cakes I'll bake, tarts I'll whisk out of the oven effortlessly in the my cute pink apron (I don't have one of those, that's just what I'm wearing in my head--HA!), pasta I will amazingly whip up from scratch with the (hundred dollar, mind you) pasta attachment that I feel sure I will not acquire for QUITE some time....you get my drift. Then I walk out of the store and the poor ladies who work there have to mop my drool off the floor.

ANYWAY....all of that to say, I have saved up about 2/3 of the cost of the mixer so far! (Cash for gold. No, seriously. Ask me if you want to hear about it!) And these mixers ain't cheap. But, in my defense, I have asked several of my friends' parents about theirs, and they mentioned that they either got them as wedding gifts or soon after getting married, and that they work well to this day. Which equals about thirty years or so. Totally worth it, in my opinion. I don't mind paying for something that's a little bit expensive if I know I'll get years (decades!) worth of use out of it.

So--I need about $100 more dollars. Any suggestions for how to make a quick hundred bucks??

5 comments:

  1. I know a cute 14 month old that may need a babysitter one night! Ha ha! Jk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew you would be jealous of my green apple mixer. :) can't wait to use mine. what are the details of cash for gold??....what about having a garage sale???

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Kitchenaid mixer is worth every penny spent. I would even covet this kind of wedding gift. May this mixer bring happy and memorable moments to your new family.
    cufflinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete