Monday, August 3, 2009

Show Us Your Life Friday--Wedding Party and Flowers

And so...I'm late again with this post! But better late than never, right? It has been a busy weekend! My sweet friends Alison and Andrew got married this weekend in a beautiful wedding in a sweet little church here in Jackson. I really am not sure if I know of two people more perfect for each other than they are. They are both going to be dentists, most likely in Oxford--so if anybody goes to the dentist in Oxford, you are going to have two wonderful additions up there to chose from!

The pic below is of me and my sweet friend Mary Catherine, just before my wedding. I included this pic because you can see a little bit of her bouquet. The bridesmaids' bouquets were one of my favorite things about my wedding. (Nope....still haven't gotten those pictures ordered yet. But the proof books are in my car and I am headed over to my parents' house as soon as I finish this post to work on it! The ones I've included here are just ones that some of my friends snapped with their cameras.) I wanted to go with more of a color scheme for the bridesmaids' bouqets than just one particular flower, so my WONDERFUL florist, Wendy Putt, and I came up with the idea of using several different types of flowers, all in the gold/orange/yellow color family and tying it all together by putting grasses over each bouquet...sounds weird but if you notice below it looks really cool. Each bouquet was a different flower--yellow/orange roses, sunflowers (my favorite flower, hands down), gerbera daisies, calla lilies...and I'm forgetting one. Oh well. My best friend, Emily, was my maid of honor, and since her favorite flowers are gerbera daisies, she had a really big bouquet of them. My sister, Angie, was my matron of honor, and to honor the fact that she's my sister (and such a wonderful one, at that), her bouquet was a mixture of all the flowers together, again with the grasses across the top. (Sorry--prob more details than you care about, but I'm rambling, might as well just go with it.)


In the pic above you can see another one of the bridesmaids' bouquets--this one was sunflowers.

And here (above) you have all the boys! Taylor had 11 groomsmen and 6 ushers, and I had 11 bridesmaids and 6 honoraries. A lot, I know! We just have so many friends who mean so much to us...honestly I would have had several more if I could have!


The pic above is really dark, but you can sort of get an idea of the bridesmaids dresses, and of my sweet flower girls' (all my nieces!) bouquets and dresses. The bridesmaids' dresses were from The Bridal Path in Jackson. I'll talk more about the flower girls' dresses in a minute. I loved their little bouquets though--they are actually little balls of flowers held by ribbon...and they have a special name which escapes me at the moment. I'm sure I'll remember as soon as I hit the "post" button! Also, another little fun fact--my nieces all went barefoot during the ceremony! I thought that would be fun for them, and cute to see their little bare feet with the trailing ribbon from the flower balls.


The pic above shows my bouquet--a mix of white roses...and some other stuff that I can't remember the name of! Terrible, I know. I'm really bad with flowers. Below is my sweet daddy holding them! The boys' boutennieres were calla lilies wrapped in the same little long grasses as the bridesmaids' bouquets.

Here are a couple of pics of some of the flowers in the sanctuary--I told you I am a sunflower girl!:






And lastly, here is a closeup of my sweet nieces, Catie, Beth, Anna, and Olivia. I have five nieces, but Dorothy was just a baby and wasn't quite ready to walk down the aisle! Of course though, she got a dress to match the big girls! A very dear friend of mine--my physics teacher from high school, actaully, who became a close friend--hand sewed these dresses as my wedding gift. Aren't they beautiful?? This picture doesn't even do them justice. I was so thankful for her kindness and the many, many hours of work she put in to create something so beautiful for these sweet girls to wear. The ribbon around the waist of each one matches the color of the bridesmaids' dresses.

And that's about all I've got for today! I've given myself a little end of summer reading challenge--I'm trying to go back and read at least a couple of the books that I read in high school and enjoyed--currently reading Shoeless Joe Jackson by W.P. Kinsella. Next is Good Ole Boy by Willie Morris. Yay for summer reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the sunflowers! That's my favorite flower.
    I love the color and the style of the dresses. Very nice.
    And your flowers are so beautiful.
    Everyone looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete