Friday, June 12, 2009

Hello world!

I have wanted to start a blog for several months now, but for several reasons: 1)lack of creativity for a title; 2)lack of anything to say!; and 3)fear that no one would read it---I have waited. But--no worries, I have overcome my insecurities and have decided that if no one reads it, and least I will have some sort of record for posterity!

I must admit, I'm kinda jealous--my friend Paige said yesterday that she wanted to start a blog (she just got married two weeks ago and is moving to California this week--busy girl!), but since she isn't very good at telling stories, she's going to call it "And then I found 10 dollars." Genius. Should have thought of that.

So--here is our little family:




Plus:


Ted




Ruby

Taylor got Ruby not long after we got engaged--she is a border collie. And Teddy was my wedding gift from Taylor! And I'm not gonna lie--I'm a little obsessed. I call him my practice child--he's a good kid.

So has anyone seen any good movies lately? To me, summertime calls for a large amount of movie theater visits. Not too great on the budget, but good for the psyche! There's just something about being in that big dark theater, kicked back looking at the bigscreen. Last night we went with Chandler Rowlen to see Night at the Museum 2--it was really cute. Great if you are looking for something relaxing and fun with some good laughs. Last week we saw The Hangover--seriously the funniest movie I have seen in several years. Go see it now. Right now. And do not take your children. It is full of adult humor--but seriously hilarious. If you haven't seen the previews, the movie is basically about four guys, one of whom is getting married, who decide to go to Vegas for the bachelor party. They get to Vegas, and the next thing we know they have woken up after an obviously crazy night, and they have to sort everything out. Hilarity and confusion ensue. I think my abs are still sore from laughing.

One more thing before I go--last week my nephew Carter was fishing at Lake Caroline (for those of you not from Jackson, it is a residential/vacation lake about 20 minutes from where I live), and he caught a FORTY POUND fish (a grass carp, I believe). I had no idea there were fish out there that size. To give you an idea of how big it was, here it is next to my 8 year old niece, Olivia:

Pretty large, huh?

And one last pic: Who doesn't love watermelon on a hot summer night?



1 comment:

  1. See, I told you ..... Ted! haha : ) Love you CUZ!

    ReplyDelete