Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day, Firstfruits, and the Meadowbrook House

Happy Father's Day!



Although, I guess as I post this, Father's day is officially over. It's 12:35 at night--way too late for me to be up on a school night! I drank a couple of diet cokes with my dinner--bad idea. I think I must be really sensitive to caffeine! Anyway--I just wanted to give a shout-out to these two wonderful men--that is my Dad with me, and Taylor's dad, Mark, right below that. (These pics were both taken on New Year's Eve this past December.) They both are such wonderful fathers, set such a Godly example, and I am so thankful for them!














Today was a full and fun one--Taylor and I woke up early, went to Lowe's to purchase a feel minor "home improvement" items--like a new welcome mat, a rug for the guest bathroom, etc; went to church at First Baptist, then over to my sister's house for lunch. My sister is a wonderful cook--I wish I had on hand the recipe that she used for lunch today--it was delish! Some kind of cream sauce over shrimp and angel hair pasta, plus a great salad with walnuts and mandarin oranges, and--my dad's favorite--banana pudding. My grandmother (his mom) used to make THE best banana pudding, and now my sister carries on the tradition.
Tonight, Taylor's parents, Travis (his brother), and his grandparents came over to our house for a dinner of hamburgers, salad, chips, and watermelon. I just can't get enough of that stuff! Plus, it's so good for you! You can learn why here. Anyway--a good time was had by all!
The pic below is of some of the firstfruits of our garden! Ok...so maybe the tomato came from the grocery store, but we have one ripening on the vine outside as I speak! It'll be ready in another day or two. The squash and cucumber really did come from our garden though, I promise! Although the poor squash plant that produced this one may have gone caput today. The heat just about did 'er in.

In other news: we are putting our sweet little house on the market. I have many mixed emotions about it, but I think that it's time to move on. I have truly LOVED living here! My sister and parents are right around the corner, and that has been such a blessing and so much fun! We're not sure where we're moving yet, but I will certainly post about it when we are! Here are a few pictures of the house. I didn't include pics of the study, or of our awesome backyard, simply because it's dark outside and the yard pics wouldn't be any good, and also becuase our study is the one room that isn't "show-ready" yet. It's pretty messy. We're working on it though!




























































Sorry, didn't mean for that last pic to be mostly of the toilet! Anyway--that's our little house!
Since it is way past my bedtime, I am hitting the hay!

1 comment: